Together against the coronavirus
The aim of the Corona Science project is to make available as quickly as possible a collection of anonymized/aggregated health and symptom data in a semantic standard defined with eHealth Suisse as Open Data. We want to activate people to form a community that collects these data and at the same time gains access to information offers. We want to address as broad a community as possible - the app is intended for both healthy and sick people. gedacht. Help us now with your data!
Follow the measures of the Confederation and take responsibility: stay at home.
Enter your health status and further information about COVID-19.
Your data will be made anonymously available to the Open Data community.
Detailed information about the coronavirus and the measures taken by the Confederation can be found on the website of the Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH).
With the anonymous data made available to the public, we want to make it possible to better understand the course of the pandemic.
At present, people stay at home whenever possible and are asked to only contact doctors or emergency rooms when necessary. As a result, many people are not tested for COVID-19 and the actual number of people who fall ill is unknown. Our app will help to obtain better data in this situation. It will also provide a basis for monitoring the situation when the measures can be relaxed again.
The app is free and open source. The data semantics are published as an Open Standard. The anonymized data will be Open Data.
What data can you collect?
- Your life situation: Are you at home, do you have to go to work outside, are there sick people in your environment, in your household? Do you belong to the group of people with increased risk?
- How do you feel in this extraordinary situation?
- If you get sick, your symptoms, and whether you have been tested.
What is the point? How can the app, how can such anonymized data help?
- The data helps to better understand and control the situation of the people in the lockdown and also later, when the measures are relaxed: How many are ill at home, what are the important symptoms, how are people affected by the situation?
- The data help to identify regional disease outbreaks
- The app links to information and help
- The app forms a communication channel to the people in the lockdown and beyond
- All of this will help healthcare planners, epidemiologists, anyone who can contribute specialist expertise to help manage the pandemic
Your data will be stored on your personal user account on the MIDATA platform. You have full control over your data.
The MIDATA Cooperative operates a highly secure and privacy compliant platform and supports data-driven research through patient empowerment and "Citizen Science" approaches. The MIDATA platform provides a personal and secure environment to store the data collected by Corona Science.
Publication of the data
Your collected data is aggregated anonymously and made available to the Open Data community with your consent.
No conclusions about your person can be drawn from the anonymous data.
The anonymised data will be published here as soon as sufficient data sets have been collected. Thus the anonymity of the participants can be guaranteed.
Publisher of the app and data repository
Sponsors and partners
Sponsors and partners have no privileged access to the data.
Data set specification
FHIR Implementation Guide COVID-19 PROM Dataset
FHIR® is the registered trademark of HL7 and is used with the permission of HL7. Use of the FHIR trademark does not constitute endorsement of this product by HL7.