MIDATA Cooperative is committed to the digital self-determination of citizens. The protection of privacy and personal data is a central concern for us. We are therefore committed to the principles of “privacy by default” and “privacy by design”.
Responsible person / contact
The responsible for the website and data processing is:
c/o EvalueScience AG
Registered name: MIDATA Cooperative
Date of registration: 06.02.2015
Commerical register: Zürich.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding data protection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scope of data protection
Data protection concerns personal data. Personal data within the meaning of Swiss data protection legislation includes all information relating to a specific or identifiable person, such as, but not limited to, data such as surname, first name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, passwords, IP address of the accessing computer.
Automatic data collection about access to the website
When accessing the website, the hosting provider Hostpoint AG stores access data in log files (see statement by Hostpoint AG). The hosting provider stores this data in order to be able to provide its services reliably, technically flawlessly and in compliance with the law. The log files contain information as:
- IP adresses
- date and time
- Protocol information such as protocol type, version, the desired action, status codes or information about the transferred data (e.g., the size of a question or an answer)
- errror messages
- information on the browser used (user agent string) or, if applicable, the page from which the visitor accessed the website.
The hosting provider uses this information (amongst other uses) to track and solve technical problems, to find human errors, to fend off attacks on its infrastructure, to support post-mortem analyses of hacked customer websites or to provide visitor statistics for the website.
The data remain on the provider’s systems as long as it is operationally necessary and legally or contractually required; subsequently, the data are automatically deleted. For most data this is a maximum of half a year.
MIDATA and Hostpoint AG have an agreement on commissioned data processing to regulate the duties, roles and responsibilities with regard to the storage of personal data.
We use the Logaholic web statistics service offered by the hosting provider to analyse website visits and user behaviour in order to obtain information about the use of the website (user frequencies, pages visited, length of visit, aggregated geographical location of users) and to optimise the website. The web statistics service uses the log files to analyse the use of the website. For the analysis, the IP numbers of the visitors to the website are automatically anonymized on the server side. MIDATA Cooperative therefore does not receive any personal data from the analysis of website visits.
- Cookie for storing a browser session
- Cookie for saving the language selection
- Cookies of the YouTube video player from Google Inc.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can disable the storage of cookies on your computer (or mobile device) by changing the settings of your browser accordingly. As a result, the behavior of the website may change or the functionality may be limited.
Displaying content from external platforms
You can minimize tracking of your user behavior by third parties through browser measures (such as cookie settings) and the use of browser extensions.
If you contact us via the contact form, you send us your first name, last name, email address and the content of your message. This information will be sent to and stored in our email system. We use the information only for the purpose of processing your request.
We grant you the following rights (amongst others) with regard to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights listed below, please contact us at email@example.com .
- Right to confirmation: We confirm whether we process personal data from you.
- Right of access: We provide you with information about the personal data we have processed about you and the purposes for which it was processed.
- Right to rectification: If your personal data processed by us is not correct, we will correct it.
- Right to deletion: Should you wish to have your personal data deleted, we will, as far as legally possible, comply with your request. If data has to be stored for legal reasons, it will be blocked. The data will then no longer be available for further use.
- • Right to limitation of processing: Should you wish to restrict processing, we will, as far as legally possible, comply with your request.
- Right to object: Should you wish to object to any consent already given, we will comply with your request.